The Operations Specialist will lead the Small Business Loan and Cash Advance funding activities of the department to meet the growing needs of our merchants. This role will help facilitate all merchant financing related activities and assist our merchants in securing and servicing their financing needs with Evolocity.
This role is ideal for someone who has the ability to balance and process monetary transactions accurately and in a timely manner. The Operations Specialist will be familiar with making adjustments to repayment terms, remittances, and is familiar with client relationship management software. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in the financial industry, merchant support, have excellent communication skills (English & French) and is extremely detail-oriented, meticulous, and can juggle several concurrent tasks.
- Coordinate staff priorities, ensure contracts are created and sent to merchants in a timely manner; ensure completion of setups of merchant accounts, advances, and loans as well as ensure payments are sent to the bank for merchant funding by bank cut-off times.
- Review and validate new setups of merchant accounts, advances, loans and bank information entered into our proprietary systems to ensure accuracy.
- Review and post returns from the bank to proprietary software systems.
- Responsible for the administration of the electronic fund transfers (EFT’s), bank wire transfers and other related funds transfer functions.
- Prepare and report on internal and external agent commissions.
- Back-up team on contract creation using Conga and DocuSign via Salesforce.com.
- Back-up team on creating merchant accounts, advances, and loans in the proprietary software systems.
- Support team members to respond to merchant inquiries.
- Provide guidance and training for proprietary software systems and communicate system changes to the Operations department and other departments when necessary.
- Act as a liaison with other departments to ensure merchant issues are resolved in a timely manner and ensure positive merchant experience.
- Develop and maintain procedures for all primary duties to ensure they are up to date and accurate.
- Identify areas of improvement; recommend, implement and monitor merchant, process and system enhancements to reduce redundancy and gain departmental efficiency.
- Support the team by continuously developing knowledge, participate in promoting team effectiveness and positive work environment.
- Prioritize and manage own workload to complete and deliver transaction processing or other processing activities accurately and in a timely manner.
- Execute ad-hoc tasks and other requests from Director of Operations.
- Continuously support the Director of Operations to ensure all operational activities run smoothly and efficiently.
Qualifications & Skills
- D.E.C. or University degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ related experience, ideally in the alternative financing, banking, or credit card processing industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Keen attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy is critical.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task is an absolute must.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Strong focus on customer service, relationship building, and customer empathy.
- Proficient with MS Office and familiarity using web-based system applications.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM considered a definite asset.
Why you should work for us:
- Opportunity for growth.
- Hands on training.
- A lively atmosphere; downtown Montreal location with amazing views.
- A modern company culture, with an incredible team of people.
- Benefits package (group benefits are offered to full-time employees after 3 months).